On September 11, 2015, the Post-Garza County Endowment awarded grants to nine area nonprofit organizations. The grant announcement came during halftime at the Post High School football game.
The 2015 grants were generated by earnings from the Post-Garza County endowment fund, and generous gifts given by the Community Foundation of West Texas (formerly the Lubbock Area Foundation) and Xcel Energy Texas.
The grants totaling $15,500 were awarded to:
• Caprock Cultural Association
• Community Recovery Center
• Garza County Agri-Life Extension Service
• Garza County Trailblazers and Meals on Wheels
• Girl Scouts of Texas Oklahoma Plains – Post Girl Scouts
• Post Cares
• Post Economic Development Corporation
• Ragtown Gospel Theater
• Salvation Army of Post-Garza County Service Unit
Teacher Mini-Grant recipients were also announced during the game to two area teachers for their educational projects:
• Raelene Reece
• Crystal Osborn
Congrats to all the grant and mini-grant recipients.